incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Advice on inviting Apache insight to NSF SI2 meeting?
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 06:21:04 GMT
Hi Guys,

Same goes for Apache OODT -- I think it will be a good tie in.

Cheers,
Chris

On Dec 3, 2012, at 8:25 AM, Suresh Marru wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Its great to hear you will be able me make it. I am sure NSF will greatly appreciate
your perspectives. We will be happy to provide a case study from Airavata.

> Suresh
>
> On Dec 3, 2012, at 11:12 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
>> I am certainly close, if they think I'd be a suitable person.
>>
>> On Dec 1, 2012, at 10:13 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone able to help the NSF out at a meeting in DC in Jan?
>>>
>>> See below for more info.
>>>
>>> On a personal note I've noticed an increased, and genuine, interest in how to
improve the impact of publicly funded research outputs from the NSF in the last couple of
years. We are even seeing important components turning up in the Incubator. I hope we can
send someone able to help them understand how we do things around here. It's your (US) tax
dollars going into this work.

>>> I'd normally do this myself but I have a clash on these dates.
>>>
>>> Let me know privately if you are interested and I'll help you/them figure out
who the best fit is.

>>> Ross
>>>
>>> Sent from my tablet

funded by the SI2 funding program at the NSF (SI2, or SI^2, is the main Scientific Software
funding program at the moment).

>>> The panel is going to focus on Software Impact, and I'd like to have someone
who can inject an understanding of the importance of community, including Incubator considerations
such as non-salaried developers etc.  We're also considering adopting the DOAP way of describing
the projects and their infrastructure as a way of helping projects and the program overall
catalogue their activities.

>>> The meeting is in DC in January Jan 17 and half-day 18th.  Does anyone from Apache
come to mind (including yourself) that would be relevant either with experience in Incubation,
or from the DOAP/catalogue.  Do you think your experience with SIMAL would be relevant here,
might you be interested?