incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <>
Subject Re: is out of date?
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:00:12 GMT
On 12 December 2012 07:03, David Crossley <> wrote:
> Benson Margulies wrote:
>> The doc for updating the Incubator web site seems to be inconsistent
>> with the situation at hand.
> Yeah, a few of us have added bits and pieces to try to keep up,
> but yes it needs improvement. A lot of the information is still
> relevant, but the whole page needs a re-focus.
>> It looks as if the CMS is wired up, and so running 'ant' no longer
>> actually generates HTML.
> Behind-the-scenes it still does. I gather that it is triggered by the CMS.

Yes, changes to the SVN source cause buildbot to run the Ant build script.

> Also if there is a problem (e.g. an xml error) then 'ant' can be
> run on a local checkout to find and fix it.
> Also there has been an occasional need to look at the generated
> docs locally.

There are some changes that cannot be made in the CMS - for example
changing SVN properties (or at least, I've not found a way to do so).

For changes to multiple files it will probably be quicker to use a
local check-out.
[For example, correcting a common spelling mistake]