incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: announce@incubator?
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 20:59:27 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:41 AM, Benson Margulies
<bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is documented on our web site, and I assumed, incorrectly, that we
> were using it for release announcements that I could scrape for the
> monthly report :-)

I found that the easiest way to get that information was to look at
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/?C=M;O=D and check the most
recently modified folders for new releases. Then cross-reference that
with release announcements on announce@, general@ and/or on project
dev@/user@ lists.

It's a somewhat manual process that used to take me some 15-30 mins
per month, but it also gave a good opportunity to double-check that
everything looks OK in our /dist/ area.

Once we manage to switch to svnpubsub-based release distribution, I
guess it should become easier to automate at least parts of that.

PS. The list of releases in the incubator report was something I
brought over from my time in Jackrabbit; earlier incubator reports
didn't have that information. So its not something that absolutely has
to be included.

BR,

Jukka Zitting