incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <>
Subject Re: More and better report nagging
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 00:48:09 GMT
On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Marvin Humphrey <> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Tim Williams <> wrote:
>> FWIW, I feel the same.  I'd rather see 'did not report' and let the
>> IPMC look for that pattern. Maybe just have your template generator
>> default to DNR in the text?
> +1 on defaulting to DNR.
> How about sending out the whole Incubator report to all podling dev lists,
> every month?  That way the DNR shows up without an IPMC member having to
> notice and take action.  But in addition, it increases podling exposure to
> other projects and to the ASF at large.
> An alternative is to send it out to only the podlings that are reporting for a
> cycle, but that's more work and doesn't serve the purpose of connecting the
> podling to being in the Incubator quite so cleanly.

I feel  all that we are all volunteers, that podlings are volunteers
who don't necessarily have their organizational act together, and that
calling them out for DNR is not a very effective technique to
providing the supervision that we, as a PMC, are on the hook for.  So
I'm inclined for now to nag, and to spend a few minutes making that
job less labor-intensive.