incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Actively seeking for organic mentors
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 16:46:17 GMT
By 'organic mentor', I mean a PPMC member who, while not an ASF
member, has shown the necessary engagement and understanding to
qualify as an IPMC member, and thus mentor and release voter.

PPMC members who are also active in TLP communities are obvious
candidates. We have, as well, inducted some people even if the PPMC is
their first involvement at the ASF.

I would ask all mentors, but especially mentors who are having trouble
finding the time to be as engaged as they might like, to seek out and
nominate PPMC members for membership in the IPMC.

As a PMC, we will be want to much more than a rubber stamp,
particularly in the second case. However, this is one of our best
avenues to improve mentor coverage of projects

In the next few months, I intend to send other messages focussed on
podlings that have symptoms of mentor-deprivation, but I thought this
might be a low-stress start.