incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do all releases need to go to /dist?
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 12:52:05 GMT
On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 7:05 AM, Martijn Dashorst
<martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Give me a URL where this policy is and I'll edit it.
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

While I agree that the page has a lot to say about putting releases on
/dist, I could not find any point in which it said, in so many words,
that /dist was required. I do, however, see how people would take that
implication.

So, I edited it to say the opposite for this case. I'm not pushing the
publish button; rather, I've started a thread on infra@ (which seems
to supervise this content) inviting people to tell me that I am wrong.
If I am still wearing my head tonight on the subject, I'll push the
publish button.