incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PPMC versus commiter
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 13:45:34 GMT
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Christian Grobmeier
<grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2. Historically, podlings have *not* maintained this distinction, but
>> have waited for graduation to sort  out the initial PMC members.
>
> Why do they behave differently than later as TLD?...

Not all TLDs do the same - some try to have committers == PMC, for
some its more or less the same set and AFAIK other PMCs always elect
people as committers first and eventually as PMC members as well.

There's no set rule. In general I like the committers == PMC idea, but
electing people as committers only sometimes allows for electing them
earlier which can be good.

-Bertrand