incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: Invoke silent consensus rule for podling releases (was: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.3 (incubating))
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2012 14:06:42 GMT
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM, Branko ─îibej <> wrote:
> It's quite frustrating that people find time to write hundreds of mails
> about points of procedure, but can't take time to review a release
> tarball from a podling.

Reviewing a release when you are not directly involved as a developer is
**really hard**.

As an IPMC member yourself, have you ever reviewed a release for podling you
were not involved with?  There have been release candidates for podlings other
than Bloodhound which have gone waiting.  A detailed review from you on one of
those -- with or without a vote, comprehensive or partial -- would be a
welcome contribution.

> Activity on Bloodhound is picking up, and the project wants to release
> every couple weeks;

I suspect that pace is not realistic while Bloodhound remains in the Incubator
unless the podling manages to land a third core contributor who is also on the
IPMC to go with yourself and Hyrum.

> I hereby propose we extend the silent consensus rule to podling
> release votes.

That's at odds with basic, ASF-wide rules for voting on releases.

Marvin Humphrey

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message