incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PPMC versus commiter
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 17:55:54 GMT
It certainly should be discu

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 19, 2012, at 12:40 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry to generate the latest incarnation of this perpetual
> annoyance. I don't think that there's an argument to win here; as
> always there is a spectrum of opinion and experience. I started this
> thread because I thought that a vote thread was not the best place to
> open the conversation with a particular podling about starting to
> distinguish C from PPMC.
> 
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> 
>> Marvin didn't even make his full point about Lucy- the fact is that all Apache committers
have commit to Lucy.  Putting them all on the pmc would be nuts in an entirely different way!
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> 
>> On Dec 19, 2012, at 11:50 AM, "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov>
wrote:
>> 
>>> Is it a "fight" to state an opinion, when one has already been stated,
>>> Marvin? C'mon now.
>>> Fair's fair, you already got yours out so I have every right to get mine
>>> out.
>>> 
>>> To your point of we shouldn't legislate this across all podlings/projects,
>>> +1 to that.
>>> 
>>> To your point of ending this useless thread, +1 to that.
>>> 
>>> Cheers,
>>> Chris
>>> 
>>> On 12/19/12 8:38 AM, "Marvin Humphrey" <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
>>>> <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>>>>> I have always recommended PPMC==C on all of my podlings, and was taught
>>>>> about that flat organizational structure when I started to see the light
>>>>> at Apache.
>>>> 
>>>> Argh, do we really have to have this knock-down drag-out fight again?
>>>> 
>>>> Marvin Humphrey
>>>> 
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org
>>> 
>> 
>> 
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org
>> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org
> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
View raw message