incubator-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Oltu (formerly Apache Amber) graduation resolution
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 13:36:58 GMT
NOTE: Oltu has *not* taken their name search to trademarks@, which is a
*requirement* before resolving the actual name search.  This is
understandable, since the docs don't clearly specify this.

I've taken a quick look and commented on the JIRA, so they seem to have
a fine name, so please feel free to vote away.  If Oltu is actually the
name of some specific kind of cheese, please let me know if there's any
way I can get some here in the eastern US (I love cheese).

The bad news is that there is another software project with "Oltu" in
the name (google "oltu software", since trademarks are only important
within general categories of products).  The good news is it seems to
simply be a streaming app for some Turkish (?) radio station - so I'm
confident we have nothing to fear from confusion with them.  The point
is that it's important to include trademarks@ in your podling name searches.

- Shane

<rhetorical>Can someone remind me how to update the incubator docs?  Are
they fully CMS now?</rhetorical>