incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to use an apache webpage
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 11:34:56 GMT
On 20/12/12 05:33, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> All webpages we host are works in progress subject to change when
> better consensus emerges.  Please do not affix any labels to the
> pages describing them as drafts as that only serves to discourage
> others from working on them.  Normative policy documents are few and
> far between and you will recognize them by their self-descriptions as
> such.
>
> Every interested party is welcome to collaborate with us to produce
> more informative and accurate webpages through the CMS.  Please help
> out where you can.  Our documentation becomes increasingly
> authoritative as more and more people refer to it in positive ways;
> ie the best documents wear well over time.
>
> HTH Sent from my iPhone

I've always found the draft label confusing and as a newbie, suggesting
that content is not yet active but will become so at some time.  But it
seems from this thread it means "descriptive" or "advice" or
"non-normative" in W3C-standards-speak.  To me, any non-draft documents
is documenting current state and subject to change.

	Andy