incubator-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: PPMC versus commiter
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 18:52:12 GMT
Similarly, I would not hold AOO as a typical podling - both the size,
complexity, and very, ahem, rich past history and personalities had a
large influence on their growth.

The real issue is: how do we clearly express these two possibilities for
podlings and potential donors/contributors to better understand them?
I.e. the concept of either c == (P)PMC or c != (P)PMC  (or even P=NP).

Even better: is there a general consensus on either the IPMC recommended
best practice, or, failing that, on a discussion page that lays out what
kinds of things a podling community would want to evaluate and think
about when they are trying to make their decision on their policies?

This is another place where we don't need a rule - but we do need to
better explain in docs what the best practices (in this case, either
one) for Apache projects are.

- Shane, personally for c != PMC, because it makes it easier to invite
people earlier