incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Thinking about graduation?
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 23:04:46 GMT
On Dec 13, 2012, at 22:39 PM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
> 2012/12/13 Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com>:
>> Reading your report, I don't see any barrier to graduation. This could
>> be good, insofar as you all could discuss this, and move toward
>> graduation. Or it could be less good, if you have barriers that you
>> didn't report.
>>
>> What do you think?
> For me, sounds good for next board (next month).
> If we finish first release before :-).

In september, Jukka noted that most commits were done by two committers (Jean-Baptiste and
Olivier) and Jean-Baptiste then agreed that before graduation, the community needed to grow
in terms of committers and users. I took a quick look at a report that Ohloh generates on
Kalumet [1] and I still see 170 out of 178 commits coming from two committers.

Am I somehow looking at wrong data? If not, I would like to see some growth before we vote
on graduation. Of course, that's only my opinion, so feel free to disagree.

Greetings, Marcel

[1] http://www.ohloh.net/p/apache-kalumet/contributors/summary