incubator-general mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Drill Report - Shepherds View
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 06:03:14 GMT
I was pleased to a detailed report by the Drill PPMC and sign off by all the Mentors. Email
discussions like the thread "What do you want out of Apache Drill" [1], should help the podling
engage the community. Since the report is detailed, I will skip adding kudos to all the points
but over all, Drill seems to be doing very well. Couple of suggestions for the project to
consider

* Its only 3 months into the incubation so too early to complain, but the project should consider
release early and release often. Do not wait too long to make a release.
* The mailing list traffic is good, but the JIRA traffic is lower than what I expected. Since
there is a good interest shown by community, putting effort in listing the issues and breaking
down the tasks might translate the community interest into contributions.

Cheers,
Suresh

[1]  - http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-drill-dev/201212.mbox/browser