incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Do all releases need to go to /dist?
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 15:16:50 GMT
Benson Margulies wrote on Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 07:01:03 -0500:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 6:58 AM, Marcel Offermans
> <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
> > Well, I don't think it's fine. As long as our release policy states that all releases
must be archived on /dist we should do exactly that. Or change the policy.

> Give me a URL where this policy is and I'll edit it.

The way to change a policy is to obtain consensus on the new policy, not
to edit the web page that documents the existing policy --- particularly
when someone just expressed an opinion in favour of the documented policy.

You're setting a good counter-example to podlings.