incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to use an apache webpage
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 05:33:33 GMT
All webpages we host are works in progress subject to change when better consensus emerges.
 Please do not affix any labels to the pages describing them as drafts as that only serves
to discourage others from working on them.  Normative policy documents are few and far between
and you will recognize them by their self-descriptions as such.

Every interested party is welcome to collaborate with us to produce more informative and accurate
webpages through the CMS.  Please help out where you can.  Our documentation becomes increasingly
authoritative as more and more people refer to it in positive ways; ie the best documents
wear well over time.

HTH
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 20, 2012, at 12:07 AM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Shane actually wrote that page but I still hate the exclusionary draft label he picked
up from rbd.

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Dec 19, 2012, at 11:52 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> That's the whole problem with Robert's labels, they scare people away from working
on the document while simultaneously pretend that there is some supercommittee who will determine
when one of his drafts is no longer a draft.

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Dec 19, 2012, at 11:47 PM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:

 Feel free to remove it if you think it detracts from the document.

>>> I leave the labeling of a document to the people who worked on it

AOO, to

That page