incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sebastian Schaffert <>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Apache Linda
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:14:20 GMT
Dear all,

we would like to propose a new project called Apache Linda as a Linked Data Platform implementation
to the incubator. Andy Seaborne was so kind as to volunteer as a champion for the project.
The proposal is available at

The goal of Apache Linda is to provide an open implementation of a Linked Data Platform that
can be used, extended, and deployed easily by organizations who want to publish Linked Data
or build custom applications on Linked Data. Linda will follow the core recommendations of
the W3C on RDF, SPARQL and Linked Data publishing, particularly the emerging Linked Data Platform
(LDP) recommendation. It will also offer extensions for frequently needed additional functionalities
like Linked Data Querying, WebID, WebACL, Reasoning, and Versioning. Linda aims to cover both,
Linked Open Data, as well as Enterprise Linked Data scenarios, providing facilities to deal
with different data sources and requirements (small data/big data, open access/restricted
access, etc).

We are looking forward to your feedback and suggestions on how to improve the proposal and

Sergio, Thomas, Jakob and Sebastian

| Dr. Sebastian Schaffert
| Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft
| Head of Knowledge and Media Technologies Group          +43 662 2288 423
| Jakob-Haringer Strasse 5/II
| A-5020 Salzburg

View raw message