incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Anticipating my reign of terror -- new idea for December
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2012 22:34:27 GMT
On Nov 4, 2012, at 23:29 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:

> At the bottom of the template for each podling's report, I'd like to have a
> space for each of the mentors, every month, to reaffirm his or her
> involvement in the podling. Thus, instead of (at most) one mentor signing
> off on the report, itself, we'd get a reading on how many mentors are in
> the game. If the number were less than 3 -- and -- especially, if it were
> less than one, we'd be alerted and could make it a priority to find
> replacements.
>
> What do you think?

I like that idea, and in fact I'm currently mentoring one project (Celix) which currently
still needs one extra mentor. I don't want to hijack the thread by asking for one, I just
want to confirm that this would be a good idea. Even something like a temporary extra mentor
(which could be somewhat in between a shepherd and a permanent mentor) would be welcome to
review and vote on releases, etc.

Greetings, Marcel