incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 1.0.9-incubating
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 18:09:41 GMT
Looks like when Om built the source archive, some unicode characters got
mangled (maybe confused as Windows double-byte?).

Is this a release blocker given that this code is disabled?  We turned off
locales so no code path will touch these mangled strings.  Or is there a
rule that the source archive must match what is in SVN?

-Alex

On 11/7/12 9:01 AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Om <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can you please try running ant source-package locally to see if you can
>> repro this?...
>
> On my mac, running ant source-package -DFLEX_HOME=/tmp in a checkout
> of [1] produces a zip and a tar.gz file under ./release, which both
> contain a correct RuntimeLocale.as file. That same file is garbled
> when I unpack the archives that you posted for release.
>
> -Bertrand
>
> [1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/utilities/trunk/installer

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team