incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 1.0.8-incubating
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 22:47:39 GMT

On 11/1/12 3:04 PM, "Alexei Fedotov" <> wrote:

> First, I'm not a lawyer. More experienced guys will tell us more.
> In our project (Openmeetings) we keep the files which are not Apache
> licensed in different places, e.g. at googlecode, and collect them
> during the build process via wget. We do not include them into a
> source release.
OK, thanks.  We include our in the LICENSE file per this document [1]
Where it says:

"All the licenses on all the files to be included within a package should be
included in the LICENSE document. This LICENSE (courtesy of Apache HTTPD) is
a good example. The Apache License is at the top of the LICENSE document.
After that, the license for each non-Apache licensed component is included,
along with a clear explanation of which files that license applies to."

We'll see if others have to say, but I think we are conforming.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: