incubator-general mailing list archives

From Carol Frampton <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 1.0.8-incubating
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 20:03:12 GMT

On 11/1/12 7 :16AM, "sebb" <> wrote:

>On 30 October 2012 20:16, Om <> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> After our first release as Apache Flex, we are following it up with the
>> Flex SDK Installer (Incubating) AIR application.
>> The Apache Flex SDK Installer AIR application provides an easy,
>> single-click installation of the Apache Flex SDK and all its
>>  This will make it suitable for working with   IDEs such as Adobe Flash
>> Builder, FDT, IntelliJ IDEA, FlashDevelop, etc.
>> The application downloads the following dependencies:
>>    - The AIR sdk (Windows vs. Mac) based on the current platform
>>    - Adobe Flash Player playerglobal.swc
>>    - SwfObject
>>    - Open Source Media Framework (OSMF)
>>    - Adobe Text Layout Format (TLF)
>> Optionally, the application will download these files as well:
>>    - Adobe BlazeDS
>>    - Adobe embedded font support
>> This release was voted upon on the list.
>> vote passed with 11 binding and 5 non-binding votes.  Here is the voting
>> thread:
>> The source distributions for Windows and Mac are available here:
>> The binary distributions as a convenience for the respective platforms,
>> available here:
>> The PGP keys of the two release managers - OmPrakash Muppirala (Source
>> + Windows binaries) and Erik de Bruin (Mac binaries) are available here:
>> Here is the tag for the release:
>There are 3 directories under that tag; I would expect to find the
>NOTICE, LICENSE and DISCLAIMER files at the top level rather than
>under just one of them.
>The files do end up at the top level in the source archive, which is good.

Does this have to be changed before you will vote for this release?

>Also, the installerBadge directory tree does not appear to be included
>in the source archive - is that intentional?
>If so, why is it in the tag?
>The key C1708693 does not appear to be available from the normal
>public PGP key servers.

I presume you would like Om to publish his key.

>Some of the source files don't have an EOL at EOF (e.g.
>ApacheFlexToolsStyle.css) in the SVN tag whereas they do have an EOL
>in the source archive.
>This is a packaging error, which can be sorted by ensuring that source
>files always have an EOL at EOF, or by changing the packaging
>instructions to not add the missing EOLs.

Per the incubation release guide [2], the line endings reflect the
platform associated with the compression format.  The ant code which
builds the source distributions is using the <fixcrlf> task to change the
line endings to to CRLF for zip and LF for the tar.gz file.

>> Please vote:
>> [ ] +1  approve
>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>> Regards,
>> OmPrakash Muppirala
>> Apache Flex PPMC Member
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: