incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 1.0.8-incubating
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 21:58:47 GMT

On 11/1/12 2:50 PM, "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:

> I mention ./LICENSE file from the source release and naturally assume
> this is the source release license.
> Then I assume Apache source release should be generally Apache
> licensed. This is not necessarily true for a binary release which can
> contain compatibly licensed components.

Hi Alexei,

I think there may in fact be a problem with the LICENSE file and the
Open_Sans font.

However, I I am confused about what steps we are supposed to execute to
address your second concern.  I'm not sure what you mean by "adding
BSD-like...".

There are two files in the source release that have a BSD license using the
Modified BSD template and substituting Adobe as the organization.  Why isn't
what we did the correct way to handle this?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team