incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Mayhem proposal
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2012 10:14:51 GMT
On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Simone Tripodi
<> wrote:

>> But hey what is most important build a community around cool
>> code/projects or being able to use the last "à la mode" scm tool ?
> as I wrote in a previous message, I personally just need a SCM that
> allows me continue developing software in a comfortable way :)
> Mohammad, Eric, maybe SVN fits better for Mayhem?

As Craig mentioned we need that:
"volunteers from the team to work actively with infra to manage the
git repository."

Do we have a volunteer?

My personal opinion: if we don't have a volunteer and don't mind
loosing history, we should go with SVN.
We can use git-svn if want and if git@apache is more stable and fine
for "just users" we can surely move on to git again.

Personally I am not religious about git. SVN worked well for me for a
long time. And when it comes to the github discussion: we can have a
github mirror. People can fork that, create a pull request and we can
merge that with git-svn. ICLA assumed