incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Ambari status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "November2012" by mahadev)
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 18:17:33 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the report, Ambari!

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 2:28 AM, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
> + - Ambari 0.9 released.
> + - Working towards the next release - target date sometime in end
> + Nov/early December
> + - One new PPMC member added - Yusaku Sako
> + - AMBARI-666 branch created to allow a more flexible architecture -
> + goal is to merge it to trunk for the next release
> + - More than 270 jiras have been fixed on AMBARI-666
> + - Number of users on the list - 85
> + - Number of devs on the list - 67

Sounds like you're doing pretty good, and congratulations for the
release! I'm also happy to see many sign-offs on your report.

> + Issues that must be addressed before graduation are:
> +
> +   - Making a release
> +   - Attracting users and developers
> +   - Increase diversity of developers outside of Hortonworks

You already have an Apache release out, so you can cross the release
from that list.

In terms of diversity, how heavily are people from Hortonworks
currently present in the PPMC and among active committers (i.e. are
there many/any commits being made by people not employed by
Hortonworks)?  And on the other hand, how many patches are you seeing
from potential new committers?

BR,

Jukka Zitting