incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject PhotArk status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "November2012" by lresende)
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 23:20:43 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the report, PhotArk!

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 8:21 PM, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
> +   PhotArk started as a project with no initial code-base, and we have
> +   grown the community to the minimal independent committer size required
> +   for graduation. We need to make these contributors constantly active
> +   in order to think about graduation again, or recruit new contributors.
> +   If the project can sustain the same level of activity for the next three
> +   months, I believe we could think about graduation again.

As Benson already wrote on photark-dev@ [1], there seems to be a big
risk of the project not finding a sustainable level of activity.

Unfortunately, as we feared earlier [2], the extra contributions from
GSoC participants doesn't seem to have translated into a more
sustained level of activity. Instead the last quarter has seen just a
single commit and a few dev@ messages from a handful of people.

At this rate it unfortunately looks like PhotArk is headed for
retirement unless the project finds some new inspiration or comes up
with an alternative graduation path like the ones Droids and others
are pursuing.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/3zt7pdddax3opx2c
[2] http://markmail.org/message/qg2lhpaafr5f6aic

BR,