incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What constitute a successful project?
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 14:56:38 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Nandana Mihindukulasooriya
<nandana.cse@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thinking in general not on this specific case, may be we can define a
> formal warning for retirement for podlings where the PPMC has to come up
> with a concrete plans for the next six months and some measurable goals.

A podling, regardless of its state, should always have such a concrete
plan - the plan towards graduation.

If a podling doesn't have such a (at least unwritten) plan, the
mentors and the broader IPMC should remind the project about it. Such
reminders are a big part of how we've been able to push so many
podlings forward during this year.

If a podling can't or won't come up with a credible graduation plan
(be it because of lack of activity or other reasons like licensing
issues), its time to retire the podling.

BR,

Jukka Zitting