incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject NPanday status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "November2012" by BrettPorter)
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 19:25:46 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the report, NPanday!

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
> + NPanday's lull in activity has continued with the committers busy elsewhere. There
is
> + still interest in pulling together a release, which hopefully will spur further activity,
but
> + little progress has been made since the last report.
> +
> + As we reported 2 months ago, we continue to see occasional questions from users,
> + and occasional patch submissions, but haven't added a new committer since 20 April
> + 2011.
> +
> + The last release was on 16 May 2011.

That's a pretty long time without releases or new committers. Also,
the low activity level for two consecutive quarters [1] is alarming.

You mention some ideas on how to get more people actively involved,
but if they fail we may need to start looking at alternatives to
graduation to a TLP.

> + We are still short on mentors, and would appreciate any volunteers!

Anyone interested? NPanday looks like a project with a potential for a
large base of users and contributors, but only if it re-reaches the
critical mass needed to sustain continuous improvement. One or two
more mentors working as community catalysts might do wonders here.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/zxum7xi3mxa6um3h

BR,

Jukka Zitting