incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retire Chukwa from incubation
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 08:23:54 GMT
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 8:55 AM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd hope we can demonstrate finding consensus rather than using the vote to
> resolve this.
>
> I still think forced retirement doesn't seem the right thing in this case
> so my -1 stands. In the other thread Alan now seems open to giving them
> another try, i've offered to help with that (any other offers of help?),
> what have we got to lose with trying that?

"forced"? No, not really. Chukwa reported low activity and discussions
about closing down for months to the IPMC.

Only because the IPMC as a whole is getting involved only *now*
doesn't make it more likely for the project to change.

However, if the IPMC reaches consensus to continue Chukwa, I'm in.
What will happen is that attention falls back to chukwa-dev and we're
where we were one week ago.

But again, I'm ready to continue.

  Bernd