incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Nuvem as a sub-project under Apache Tuscany
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 12:21:50 GMT
On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Benson Margulies
<> wrote:
> ...Bertrand, this is a great opportunity to clarify the board's attitude
> toward 'subprojects'. Ever since the campaign to dismantle umbrellas,
> I've been confused about what structures the board would find
> reasonable....

I don't know if the board has an official position on subprojects - my
personal opinion is that it's a community that defines a project, more
than its software modules.

So that's what's behind my question: if the Nuvem folks become
first-class Tuscany citizens and Nuvem is just another Tuscany module
I'm fine.

OTOH, if this creates a project with two distinct camps in the Tuscany
PMC, I'm not sure it's a good idea.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message