incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anticipating my reign of terror -- new idea for December
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 10:58:00 GMT
On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Prescott Nasser <geobmx540@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know what it takes to become and IPMC member, but I kind of like the idea of
> having roles that don't require such formality (I may think too highly of the process
and
> role), but still can be recognized as providing guidance and knowledge to those going
through the process....

IMO the voice of whoever constructively helps a podling will be
recognized and have weight in discussions, if that's what you mean.

In some cases a formal role is needed, for example a PMC voting on
releases makes those releases an act of the foundation instead of an
individual act, which helps shielding folks from legal action.

-Bertrand