incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Retirement decision making
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 08:56:28 GMT
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:18 AM, Alan Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> Hence my idea to do away with the rule of thumb and stick to at least one responsible
PMC member....

How will that work? IIUC your idea, the resulting PMC cannot get 3 PMC
votes so it cannot operate.

I don't want to burden the board with more Xalan-like project saving
exercices if it can be avoided, that case was driven by historic
evolution of the project, graduating projects that are headed in that
direction doesn't make sense to me.

People come and go, so to be realistic I'd say you need at least five
active PMC members at graduation time, so as to get three votes when
needed, with some "spares". Mentors staying on board can of course
count in those five.

-Bertrand