incubator-general mailing list archives

From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 1.0.8-incubating
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 18:15:08 GMT
Thanks for taking a look :-)  Responses inline:

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 4:16 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30 October 2012 20:16, Om <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > After our first release as Apache Flex, we are following it up with the
> Apache
> > Flex SDK Installer (Incubating) AIR application.
> >
> > The Apache Flex SDK Installer AIR application provides an easy,
> > single-click installation of the Apache Flex SDK and all its
> dependencies.
> >  This will make it suitable for working with   IDEs such as Adobe Flash
> > Builder, FDT, IntelliJ IDEA, FlashDevelop, etc.
> >
> > The application downloads the following dependencies:
> >
> >    - The AIR sdk (Windows vs. Mac) based on the current platform
> >    - Adobe Flash Player playerglobal.swc
> >    - SwfObject
> >    - Open Source Media Framework (OSMF)
> >    - Adobe Text Layout Format (TLF)
> >
> > Optionally, the application will download these files as well:
> >
> >    - Adobe BlazeDS
> >    - Adobe embedded font support
> >

> > This release was voted upon on the flex-dev@incubator.apache.org list.
>  The
> > vote passed with 11 binding and 5 non-binding votes.  Here is the voting
> > thread:
> > http://markmail.org/thread/nbrflol6mkpu65ry
> >
> > The source distributions for Windows and Mac are available here:
> > http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/installapacheflex_RC9/
> >
> > The binary distributions as a convenience for the respective platforms,
> > available here:
> > http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/installapacheflex_RC9/binaries/
> >
> > The PGP keys of the two release managers - OmPrakash Muppirala (Source
> kit
> > + Windows binaries) and Erik de Bruin (Mac binaries) are available here:
> > http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex/KEYS
> >
> > Here is the tag for the release:
> >
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/utilities/tags/apache-flex-sdk-installer-1.0.8-RC9
>
> There are 3 directories under that tag; I would expect to find the
> NOTICE, LICENSE and DISCLAIMER files at the top level rather than
> under just one of them.

Fixed.

> The files do end up at the top level in the source archive, which is good.
>
> Also, the installerBadge directory tree does not appear to be included
> in the source archive - is that intentional?
> If so, why is it in the tag?

It is intentional, we are not releasing the source of installerbadge since
we dont expect anyone to build it from the source.
I have removed installerbadge from the tag now.

> The key C1708693 does not appear to be available from the normal
> public PGP key servers.

Fixed.

C:\>gpg --send-key C1708693
gpg: sending key C1708693 to hkp server keys.gnupg.net

> Some of the source files don't have an EOL at EOF (e.g.
> ApacheFlexToolsStyle.css) in the SVN tag whereas they do have an EOL
> in the source archive.
> This is a packaging error, which can be sorted by ensuring that source
> files always have an EOL at EOF, or by changing the packaging
> instructions to not add the missing EOLs.

While working with the source from SVN, no one has had problems.  We
explicitly set the EOL at EOF while packaging just in case.
Is it okay if I create a bug for this and work on it after the release?  I
hope this is not a blocker issue.

Thanks again for your time!

Regards,
Om