incubator-general mailing list archives

From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 1.0.8-incubating
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 18:25:59 GMT
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 4:36 AM, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello OmPrakash,
>
> I have notices that the LICENSE file has few additions two Apache License:
>
> 1. The second entry for Apache license.
> 2. Something like BSD license.
>
> The first item I cannot understand completely, the second one can be
> resolved by adding BSD-like licensed files during build.
>
> So the question is why do you use non-standard LICENSE for the source
> release?

Apart from the license for our source files itself, we are also packaging:

1.  Open-sans font which has an Apache V2 license [1]
2.  MD5Stream. and IntUtil.as which has a BSD license with an Adobe
Copyright notice [2]

This is why we added these two notices to the LICENSE.

[1] http://www.google.com/webfonts/specimen/Open+Sans
[2] https://github.com/mikechambers/as3corelib