incubator-general mailing list archives

From dsh <daniel.hais...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Linda
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 19:31:58 GMT
tuplespaces are STILL well known and Linda is one or even its original
implementation where JavaSapces is another and later on grid computing
borrowed some ideas [1] from it etc pp. So I wouldn't make a statement as
such as Linda nowadays is "ancient" technology (to use a strong term).
Anyway we had similar discussions in the past in terms of keeping the name
or not and if my memory serves me right most times the conclusion of each
discussion was that it's probably better to drop the proposed name in the
first place in favor of a better one that causes less confusion and such.

There seems to be a connection to the semantic web too which is Triple
Space Computing [2].

PS: Have a look at this slidedeck to get a feeling about how commonly know
tuplespaces are:
http://www.slideshare.net/luccastera/concurrent-programming-with-ruby-and-tuple-spaces

[1]
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp?tp=&arnumber=4208870&url=http%3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fxpls%2Fabs_all.jsp%3Farnumber%3D4208870