incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <>
Subject Re: Release procedural question
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 18:27:24 GMT
On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Chip Childers <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> In reading the release policy section about the detached signature
> file and the voting process, there is a mention about allowing (at the
> RM's discretion) other PMC members (in a podling's case, PPMC members)
> to concatenate their own signature to the *.asc release artifacts as
> part of their +1 vote.
> As the RM for the (currently being voted on) CloudStack release, I
> have been provided with another PPMC member's detached signature.
> Can someone please confirm that, after validating that adding the
> signature to the asc file works, I'm allowed to use the new combined
> signature file as the final release artifact?  Is there anything that
> I should be aware of when adding this second signature?
> Thanks for the support and advice.
> -chip

Given the release policy [1] description of adding additional
signatures to the release, and testing locally to ensure that the
concatenated signature validates correctly, I will presume that this
is a normal practice and move forward.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message