incubator-general mailing list archives

From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adobe (formally Macromedia) Authorware - Developed by Michael Allen
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 13:11:00 GMT
Hi Andrew,

You also might want to consider joining the Xerte[1]  community - its not the same software
but does roughly the same thing, and perhaps you could help it provide some of the features
you liked best in Authorware.

[1]  http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/

On 2 Nov 2012, at 15:23, <strategic@metrocast.net> <strategic@metrocast.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Authorware is an excellent icon based eLearning development environment.  Adobe states
that they are discontinuing this product.  As an educator with an interest in software development,
I’d hate to see this outstanding software become a historical footnote.

> If Adobe could be persuaded to donate Authorware to the OpenSource community could it
have a home with Apache?  How would this process take place?  How would I get the ball rolling?