incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retire Chukwa from incubation
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 14:27:36 GMT

On Nov 27, 2012, at 12:53 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>> If people who -1 the retirement agree to mentor Chukwa to give it
>> another chance, like you seem to be ready to do, I have no problem
>> with that.
>
> As usual a -1 should be backed by a credible alternative. I'm willing
> to step in, with the caveat that my time for this will drop quite a
> bit in about a month.

While I think that it's laudable for IPMC members to step in and offer to mentor, we should
remember the danger of becoming a crutch.  If the mentors do all the work then all we're really
doing is vetting the mentors and not the community itself.  Maybe I am simply stating a trite
statement but I felt it needed to be said.

Regards,
Alan