incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Formats of SHA/MD5 checksums
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 06:22:11 GMT
On Nov 30, 2012, at 3:03 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 12:12 AM, Alexander Broekhuis
> <a.broekhuis@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am fine with a change of the format. But at the moment we (Celix) still
>> have a pending release. Seeing that many other project use different
>> formats, I personally don't see this as a show stopper for our current
>> release..
>>
>> Can we somehow reach a consensus that for a next release the format will be
>> different? (ie the format used by md5sum).
>
> I think that would be a fine choice. I'm fine with releasing it as is for now
> +1 (binding).

Thanks.

> That said -- I'd like to see the next release take into account the feedback
> that has been provided to the project so far. Nothing there is blocking,
> but not taking it into account would, in my opinion, make it more difficult
> to review and thus diminish the chances of getting enough eyeballs to
> look at it in time.

+1

For a very first release attempt, I think the project did a good job, and it would definitely
demonstrate "getting the Apache way" by taking all the suggestions and incorporating them
in the next release. Yes, the "incubator rules" are not always written down well/correctly
so releasing something will always trigger some amount of discussion. In that sense the incubator
itself is also constantly improving.

Greetings, Marcel