incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <sergio.fernan...@salzburgresearch.at>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Linda
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 09:01:36 GMT
Hi Roy,

we were aware of the possible conflict/confusion with the name; but
since the Linda model is quite old, not really spread nowadays and
completely far away of the Linked Data topic, personally I can't see a
really big issue here. But of course the Incubator PMC has a deeper
knowledge of such a kind of decisions and its implications, so we'll do
out best to address it during this discussion.

Anyway, we'd prefer to focus the discussion on the proposal itself.
After all, the name is something we can change. But the project is
something important to discuss.

BTW, regarding that, in other to provide some more background about the
proposal, I'd also like to point you the slides we presented one week
ago at ApacheCon Europe: http://slidesha.re/VUQ7ia

Thanks for all your feedback.

Best,