incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Retirement decision making
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:45:42 GMT
On 29/11/12 14:53, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Alan Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>> ... Would you also add the three or more active PMC members requirement?  What constitutes
active?...

> IMO the bare minimum is being able to find three PMC members to vote
> on things when needed.
>
> Once a project gets below this limit it's in trouble and usually
> headed for the attic, but that's not the only possibility - see
> "Resolution to reboot the Apache Xalan PMC" at
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2011/board_minutes_2011_07_20.txt
> for example.

I think we need to be a bit careful about graduating a podling that is a
minimum viable project.  That's not say it shouldn't be done but if it's
minimal, and looks ropey, then we're aren't doing us or them any favours
if the project looks likely to get into problems quite soon.  After all,
graduation itself requires project resource.

	Andy