incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Marmotta
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 09:33:27 GMT
On 20/11/12 10:05, Sergio Fernández wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we were internally discussing that the project would benefit a lot from
> having a mentor outside of the core Semantic Web community. Then he/she
> could help us to address those issues of which are not fully aware when
> you work so close in a topic. For instance, someone from the REST
> community would be great! Any volunteer(s)?
>
> Cheers,

Two of the three mentors are new to mentoring and fairly new to Apache,
each having done once round the incubator loop in a recent projects
(Jena, Stanbol) as project members.  We're feeling a bit light on Apache
history and breadth.

The project would benefit from a mentor with a longer Apache history -
someone who can give a wider perspective about culture and community -
who ensures we establish the wider ideals of the foundation into the
Marmotta community.

Volunteer?

(Or a mentor-mentor?)

	Andy