incubator-general mailing list archives

From Paolo Castagna <castagna.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Linda
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2012 23:45:37 GMT
On 19/11/12 01:01, Benson Margulies wrote:
> Ted,
>
> I did read the whole thing, and I'd like to join you in drawing a
> curtain in front of the man.
>
> The proposers of this project didn't create the problem of the term
> 'linked data', and they can't fix it. As you suggest, all they can do
> is pick a TLP name that is neutral to positive in relation to it.
> Since they've already signed up for finding some other girl, boy, or
> dinosaur to take to the dance here,  I think we can leave the question
> of the badness of the phrase 'linked data' behind.

A small improvement to the proposal would be to add a definition to
'linked data', so that others can read the rest of the proposal knowing
what 'linked data' means in that context.

The proposal should also refers the reader to:

  - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linked_data
  - http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData
  - http://www.w3.org/wiki/LinkedData
  - http://linkeddata.org/

As you said, nothing can be done in relation to 'linked data'.

Paolo