incubator-general mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Mayhem proposal
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 21:48:48 GMT
On 06/11/2012 12:58, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi Eric!
>

>> I tend to think that 'Less is more', that 'git is now a defacto
>> standard', and that releasing all Mayhem components at the same time,
>> with the same version number (even if there is no change for some of
>> them) is easier for the user.
>>

> it would be nice if they'd share a common core or if components were
> somehow related each other, but we don't intend to fork Google Guice
> and unfortunately each existing component is totally unrelated to the
> other :(

Yes, the 11 components are unrelated, but I just find the release
process such a pain that I fear to go to independent lifecycle.

I can imagine many projects where all the modules/components are
released even if some of them are not modified (they are just released
as such).

The common thing between all those components is that they ease guice
usage. They are different artifacts so one has the choice to only import
the artifacts he needs.

Thx, Eric