incubator-general mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Mayhem proposal
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 15:01:10 GMT
On 02/11/2012 13:32, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:
> Hi Simone...
>
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Simone Tripodi <simonetripodi@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> Hi Mohammed!
>>
>>> IMO it would be easier to move into a Git repository, which I will help
>> in
>>> setting it up. IMO, it will also be helpful for ASF Git support to have
>>> more projects using Git which will help us understand different needs and
>>> use cases of different project to provide better Git support by time, by
>>> better I mean that now it is really good IMO but for sure we can make it
>>> better :)
>>
>> agreed! can you update the reference in the proposal, please? TIA!!!

Sounds good. If the final state must be git, let's got directly to git.

> Sure thing will do it today when I have sometime
>

>>> The thing is we still need to have SVN for content related operations
>> like
>>> website and so cause it needs to be published using SVN pub-sub. I will
>>> collect more details about that
>>>

>> thanks a lot! Can we propose the site be published on Git, like we
>> already did on GitHub in the `gh-pages` branch? WDYT?
>>

> IIRC thats not possible as rge pub-sub works with SVN, to be honest I am
> not aware about the details thats the only fact I know about
>
> If I am wrong would someone please correct me :) ?

It all depends if we want to use the Apache CMS or not.
The Apache CMS is supported under by SVN-PubSub.

Once again, if the final state is Apache CMS, let's go directly for it
and let's not care where the content files are stored and published,
that's the Apache CMS job after all (svn pubsub today, something else
maybe tomorrow).

If we want to rely on site generated by maven or any other command line
tools, yes, it would be good to see if publication via git is supported,
but as far as I know, it is not. We can always raise a request to
support it but that should not block the podling.

I am much more used via a Maven CLI site building and have looked to
Apache CMS but didn't use it until now.