incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <>
Subject Re: Retirement decision making
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:49:03 GMT

On Nov 30, 2012, at 12:56 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:18 AM, Alan Cabrera <> wrote:
>> Hence my idea to do away with the rule of thumb and stick to at least one responsible
PMC member....
> How will that work? IIUC your idea, the resulting PMC cannot get 3 PMC
> votes so it cannot operate.
> I don't want to burden the board with more Xalan-like project saving
> exercices if it can be avoided, that case was driven by historic
> evolution of the project, graduating projects that are headed in that
> direction doesn't make sense to me.
> People come and go, so to be realistic I'd say you need at least five
> active PMC members at graduation time, so as to get three votes when
> needed, with some "spares". Mentors staying on board can of course
> count in those five.

Ok, I think I get it.

Maybe that could be a requirement, if the mentors think that the podling is not diverse and
vibrant yet, then they must stay on as active PMC members until such time that they believe
that the TLP has achieved it; kind of a put your money where your mouth is thing.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message