incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Committership of a podling
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 02:49:14 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote on Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 14:16:28 -0800:
> If there is a difference between committers and PMC members of a
> graduating podling, I don't think there is any process for identifying
> which podling committers are to become new-project committers. It is not
> in the board resolution. So it's up to the PMC to resolve.

+1

> I'd suggest having only the PMC members as initial committers and then
> have the new PMC vote on adding podling committers to the new project
> committer list. The vote could be a mass vote if no controversy...

No vote is needed, people simply retain their karmas.

(OT: really, "No vote is needed" is a phrase that needs to be heard
more.  If there is a "[DISCUSS] Joe Citizen for committership" thread
with 10 +1's over three days, there is _no need_ for a [VOTE] thread ---
consensus has been established, just go ahead and send The Invitation.)