incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Apache Linda
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2012 15:49:33 GMT
I've been biting my tongue all of this time and I can't resist any longer.

The missing case is "Lovelace" (bad joke),

although WebLace is about linking too.

There's no need to borrow a human nick.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Nandana Mihindukulasooriya []
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 01:51
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Linda

I have to say when I heard the name "Linda", I really liked it because it
is short, catchy, easy to remember and goes well with Linked Data. But I
totally agree that it is good to avoid any name conflict issues or
trademark issues in this early stage where it is easily possible. I was
thinking whether LindaWeb or WebLinda would be an alternative choice.

Best Regards,