incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: key signing
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:02:34 GMT
On Mon, 15 Oct 2012, Benson Margulies wrote:
> Choices:

There is another option, which I mentioned in the other key signing thread
on members@, which applies equally here too. Reposting my answer from
there, with a few tweaks...

In-person keysigning doesn't just have to be at ApacheCons, there are more
frequent and more geographically distributed options too! Most BarCamps do
keysignings, and some meetups too. They tend to be more geographically
spread than ApacheCon, and they're much easier to organise. [1]

In addition, we have the "Apache Local Mentors" program, which I'd
encourage all IPMC mentors to sign up to if they haven't already:
        http://community.apache.org/localmentors.html
As well as going to your nearest local Apache mentor for advise on getting
into open source, help with understanding the Apache way etc, you could
also ask them to sign your key. Even if you can only get one link into the
WoT from one local mentor, it's still much better than nothing!

So, for a short-term fix for your potential Release Manger, I'd suggest
you get them in touch with a nearby local mentor. IPMC mentors should sign
themselves up for the local mentors program, to help out future new RMs :)

Nick

[1] If you're interested in organising something in your local area, be
      it a BarCamp, Meetup etc, small-events-discuss@ is the place to
      lurk / ask advice / seek volunteers / get going etc!
      http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-small-events-discuss/