incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Incubator PMC/Board report for Oct 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 08:20:14 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> I had seen the earlier reminder, but had not made a calendar event for it.
> So when the 24 hour reminder came in, along with a quick draft that was
> posted before I checked my email, I felt a little blindsided. Would be nice
> to have the final call reminder come in 72 hours before the deadline, as is
> customary in Apache.

IIRC the main problem in making this happen is that the current
cronjob is unable to send reminders already for the following month.
Thus the reminders to podlings end up being sent only at the beginning
of the month, sometimes just moments before the deadline.

So far I've tried to remedy this by sending earlier reminders to
general@, but of course not everyone is following that list. It would
be great if someone could update our tooling to better handle the
reminders. Perhaps the incubator.apache.org site build could even
automatically generate per-project ical files for this?

BR,

Jukka Zitting