incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: Shipping binary file in CloudStack release
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 15:37:15 GMT
On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Benson Margulies <> wrote:
> Bertrand, is a compressed archive of source a source or a binary?

hehe...right, you said earlier in this thread that the file in
question is actually just compressed source code, is that correct?

If yes, it's just weird to include it in that form but I agree that
the "no binaries" problem is not that important then, if one can
decompress and verify the actual source code. The reason we don't
release binaries is that it's usually impossible to verify them as
being harmless.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message